Kenilworth & Warwick PCN COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
Our Practice is part of the Kenilworth and Warwick Primary Care Network, which also includes Abbey Medical Centre, The Castle Medical Centre, Avonside Health Centre and Chase Meadow Health Centre. Together we are coordinating the Covid-19 Vaccination programme for patients within our network. Vaccinations will be given at one central site and the programme will commence on Tuesday 15th December 2020. Care home residents and housebound patients will be contacted separately by Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership Trust to arrange their vaccinations.
Two vaccinations are given, and therefore two appointments will be booked 21 days apart for the first and second dose. It is important that both appointments are attended at the same vaccination centre.
It is advised that you do not drive for 15 minutes after receiving your vaccination. Please bear this in mind when booking your appointment and allow plenty of time.
Who will receive the Covid-19 Vaccination?
Covid-19 vaccinations will be administered to the below cohorts in the order that the cohorts are listed below. We are inviting patients based on the national guidance (determined by the Joint Committee for Vaccinations & Immunisations). Please do not contact the Practice to book your Covid-19 Vaccination until you have received your invitation. It is planned that everyone over the age of 50 will be vaccinated in a 16-week period.
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
Where is the vaccination site?
We will be running a joint vaccination clinic at The Warwickshire Golf Club, Leek Wootton, Warwickshire, CV35 7QT (not the hotel). Turn at the roundabout following signs for The Warwickshire then turn first left and follow the road (follow the signs / speak to the marshal on duty). You can only attend the site if you have a booked appointment or are driving someone to their appointment. If you arrive at the site without an appointment you will not be seen.
If you are unable to use stairs or walk far, please speak to a marshal when you arrive who will direct you to the appropriate entrance.
If you choose to, eligible groups can also book at one of the mass vaccination sites. Information regarding this will be circulated in national invitation letters.
I don’t have access to transport
If you require transport it may be possible to book this through the community transport service by calling 01789 262889 - only arrange transport if you have booked your appointments. Vaccinations will not be given to anyone arriving at the site without an appointment.
I am housebound, how do I get vaccinated?
If you are a care home resident or we already provide you with home-visits, you will be contacted by Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership Trust to arrange your vaccinations. If you are housebound please let us know so that Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership Trust can contact you.
Following on from previous communications please find below an update on our local vaccination programme and some answers to frequently asked questions. Please be aware that it is not possible to answer all comments however we thought providing some further insight maybe useful to our local residents.
- We are still continuing to vaccinate our local community at The Warwickshire Golf Club under the guidance of NHS England, continuing with all patients over the age of 80. This process is very much dictated by when we receive deliveries of vaccines which we are hopeful will be more frequent in the coming weeks. We have currently administered over 2500 Vaccines to date.
- We are currently contacting those to rebook who had their appointments cancelled before the New Year.
- We have been made aware many of you in this age group will have received letters as part of a national initiative advising that you are also able to book into one of the National Vaccine Clinics. We will still be vaccinating patients of our Primary Care Network (Abbey, Castle, Priory, Avonside and Chase Meadow Surgeries) locally, the letters received are indicating another option available to you and are not in replace of the service we are offering. We are aware of the challenges many would face in trying to get to Birmingham or Manchester.
- Housebound patients will be vaccinated in their homes however due to the logistical challenges the process will take slightly longer. Please be assured that you will be contacted.
- We have successfully started rolling out our Vaccination programme to local care homes and will continue to do so over the coming weeks.
- We send out texts to mobile phone numbers as one method of communication to our patients. We are aware that not all have mobile phone numbers however if you do, it is useful to have this added to your file. You can do so at https://www.priorymed.nhs.uk/changedetails We will also continue to phone patients landlines as well as using other forms of communication to ensure we reach the masses during these unprecedented times.
- A new email address has been set up by our local Clinical Commissioning Group for questions from the public about the vaccine programme email@example.com
- Updated information is also available on the CCG website via https://www.southwarwickshireccg.nhs.uk/Your-Health/COVID-19-Vaccination
We are aware that these are challenging times for all and we hope that people find the above useful. We ask you to please remain patient, we are rolling out this programme to a very large number of people and we have our patients best interests at heart. Our phone lines are incredibly busy at the moment and as has been the message from when we started vaccinating - all patients will be called to be booked in when we have vaccines available. We are encouraged on a daily basis by the support of our local community and how we all look after each other. As and when more information is available we will be updating our website accordingly.